The Ashton Court Christmas food and craft fayre is back with a bang this year with lots of festive activities and Christmas shopping for all the family on Saturday 1 and Sunday 2 December. With free entry and ample parking close by in the mansion car park, it’s the perfect way to shop for unusual and unique gifts from the selection of local craft and food producer stalls, all within the stunning surrounds of this 15th century estate.
Expect to find a host of local crafts including stunning jewellery, handmade natural soaps, unique artist prints, felted garments, skillfully crafted wood products, festive hand crafted decorations and much more. Who can resist our food courtyard with stalls laden with Christmas gift ideas including locally made wine, cider and ale; artisan cheese, homemade jams and chutneys, olive oils and vinegars, handmade fudge, mince pies and clotted cream and delicious chocolates? Plus we have all the Christmas essentials including wreaths, flowers and Christmas trees.
Whilst the adults can indulge in a cup of hot cider or mulled wine, there will be lots of activities to keep the children entertained including face painting, craft demonstrations and the opportunity to venture into the deer park to see Rudolf’s cousins by joining a guided walk with the estate deer keepers (booking essential).
To get you in the festive spirit, we’ll be roasting hot chestnuts and serving up a delicious hog roast whilst keeping you entertained with Christmas carols.
To keep up to date with all the fayres exhibitors and activities, please visit our Facebook page – www.facebook.com/AshtonCourtChristmasFayre2012
The Ashton Court Christmas Food and Craft fayre takes place on Saturday 1 and Sunday 2 December 2012 from 10.30am – 4.30pm located in the Ashton Court stables and hayloft. Further information, please call Tel. 0117 963 9174
1. Mullion Cove and Bristol City Council are joint collaborators in the Ashton Court Christmas Food and Craft fayre.
2. Details and dates can be found on www.mullioncove.net and under events on www.bristol.gov.uk and www.ashtoncourtestate.co.uk
3. Ashton Court Christmas food and craft fayre facebook page – www.facebook.com/AshtonCourtChristmasFayre2012
4. On site facilities include toilets and changing facilities (including disabled access), picnic tables, café as well as a children’s playground next to the courtyard where the event is taking place.
5. Ashton Court Estate was built in the 15th century. It was enlarged and adapted over the centuries by the Smyth family who bought the estate in 1545. Although it lies on land in North Somerset, it is owned by Bristol City Council. The estate covers 850 acres of woods and open grassland and has a deer park, a golf course and mountain bike trails.
6. The deer walk will take place on Sunday 2 December. Please call 0117 963 9174 to book a place. Children must be accompanied by an adult.