Choose a recipe from one of our Bristol independents recipe postcards or download one of our local cookbooks.
- Church Road Avocado and Spinach Salad
- East Street Moroccan-inspired potato salad
- Hartcliffe ‘throw-it-together’ self-crusting pie
- Knowle & Filwood orange bread & butter pudding
- Lawrence Weston honey-glazed pork with apple sauce
- Lockleaze bubble & squeak cakes with speedy salsa
- Southmead easy vegetable curry
- Stapleton Road/Old Market falafels
- Gloucester Road Goats cheese salad
- Corn Street Frittata
- North Street Cullen Skink (haddock soup)
- Stapleton Road Huuris
- Henleaze Chicken and Potato Curry
- Bishopsworth Root Veg Chips
- Picton Street Parmegiana
- Whiteladies Road Stir Fry
A taste of the world from one community [3.3MB]
Inspiration for this recipe, compiled and edited by Sue McKinnon has come from a series of very successful Multicultural Feasts run by the Barton Hill Settlement, as well as requests from residents wanting to cook food from the local area. Andrew McLean expains that this recipe book is also a glimpse into some of the cultural characteristics that make up the strong and vibrant inner east areas of Bristol. Enjoy sampling the tastes from around the world found in inner East Bristol. Included are many recipes that have never been written down before but have been passed down through generations.
The Upper Horfield community cookbook contains recipes for snacks, main meals and desserts that have been contributed and complied by Horfield residents. Also included are useful conversion tables, cupboard essentials and mouthwatering photographs of the dishes prepared by their contributors.