What Bristol Independents retailers can do:
- We offer a collective Bristol Independents branding, so shoppers can recognise you as an Independent. Pool your marketing resources, and market yourselves together by high street, using the Bristol Independents brand. Let us know if you would be interested in stocking Bristol Independents bags or mugs.
- We can also help to produce promotional postcards for your high street/area.
- We are building-up a set of case studies of initiatives that have been tried in high streets around the city – of what’s worked, and how things were achieved. Let us know what’s worked for your street.
- Use the Bristol Independents website to publicise your events and promotions – just send details to us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sign-up to accept the Bristol Pound. www.bristolpound.org
- Get involved with your local Traders’ Association.
- We can help make connections between groups of traders, community groups and entrepreneurs to develop projects that will bring supermarket selling techniques to the high street, e.g. e-marketing, late night opening, home delivery, on-line ordering, click and collect etc. If these projects are community-group led, then they may be eligible for some funding.
- We can help develop and work with other promotions e.g. putting together a welcome pack for Freshers at the University, with recipe postcards featuring local high streets.
- You might want something bigger, like a street market; a pop-up arts venue in a vacant unit or a drop-in temporary café where local shoppers can leave their feedback on what improvements they’d like to see in the area. We can make connections with other groups who can share their experience on setting-up similar events.
Let’s make this happen in Bristol by working together!